AC Delco Warranty Document
ACDelco Warranty Information
ACDelco Batteries are warranted throughout Australia against faulty workmanship and materials. Depending on the battery and application the amount of time covered varies, refer to the table below for details.
If an ACDelco Battery is defective (other than for the warranty exclusions specified below) during that period, we will replace or repair it at our cost. To make a claim please return the part to the place of purchase, or your nearest authorised ACDelco stockists. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits under this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have at law.
This voluntary warranty is given by GM Holden Ltd (trading as ACDelco) of 191 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia. For customer assistance, please call us toll free on 1800 ACDelco (1800 223 352).
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Labour for removal, and replacement of the unit, from the vehicle unless prior written approval has been obtained from ACDelco.
- Parts which have been subjected to deliberate abuse.
- Conditions resulting from abnormal wear, negligence, alterations or accidents.
- Incorrect fitment.
- Parts used in an incorrect application or parts that are not used for their intended purpose.
WARRANTY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Will using ACDelco parts void my new vehicle warranty offered by the vehicle manufacturer?
- As ACDelco products are made to exacting standards, their use should not affect your vehicle warranty provided the correct part is used and is correctly fitted. However, if the use of a correctly installed ACDelco part causes a component failure in your vehicle that is not covered by the manufacturer, ACDelco will, subject to the above Warranty Conditions, cover the cost of repair.
- The manufacturer of my vehicle has rejected a warranty claim as they are claiming the failure was caused by a faulty ACDelco part, will ACDelco cover the repairs?
- In the unlikely event that it is determined that an ACDelco part has lead to a component failure in your vehicle ACDelco will cover the cost of the repair, subject to the above Warranty Conditions.
- How do I make a warranty claim?
- In the first instance contact the place of purchase. Should you require further assistance contact ACDelco on 1800 223 352.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in any retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of ACDelco. This includes all texts, illustrations, tables and charts.